Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Retreat Time







This post is a week late, UGH. Life seems to keep getting in the way of my play time, does that ever happen to you? So finally here are a few tips for retreat packing. The photo's posted are of what I took to the retreat in Atlanta this past weekend.
First off make sure and get the details from the company hosting the retreat, most company's will provide many die cutting systems as well as the Cricut and an assortment of punch and such.

Don't bother with lugging something along that will already be provided, you may want to bring a few of your favorite die's or Cricut cartridge just in case.

Second, make sure you are clear regarding the meals that will be provided, eating in a hotel or resort can run into some big money, if your room is equipped with a microwave and refrigerator you may want to consider bringing along drinks, snacks and maybe the fixins for a sandwich. I once paid $57.00 for a hamburger, fries, pickle and drink at a scrapbooking retreat. After taking a photo of my very expensive feast you can bet I ate every bite of it then scrapbooked it later!

Pack as lite as you can!!! Do not attempt to bring everything you own just in case, space is limited and your time is precious don't spend it digging around in boxes or cartons. I take page kits as described in the crop post. I normally put together 50 to 75 kits. I know it seems like a lot but whatever I don't use at the retreat I stack on my table at home and I am ready to rock and roll when the mood strikes me. I also bring along extra white, cream and black card stock, they seem to be my go to colors when nothing else works.

Bring along your basic tool kit; you don't need anything fancy, just bring what you use each time you scrapbook for me a corner rounder is basic as well as a ruler.

Other tools; I do usually throw in a border punch or two, but not everything I own in case I want to fancy something up. I also bring my brad/eyelet kit that includes the setter ( will post photo later)

Embellishments; Since I put together page kits I don't drag a lot of embellishments with me, I do however have an assortment of buttons and waxy flax as well as a pretty good supply of flowers right now. This winter I am concentrating on scrapbooks of my girls so I hope to use up lots of flowers that I seem to have been squirreling away over the years.

Stamping; I do take along my stamp tower, it takes up very little space and is easy to transport but I only take along a few basic stamp sets that I might want to use to jazz up a page or two

Extras; I like to take a CTMH how to book to help me along when I get stuck in a rut, the patterns are fast and easy, takes the guess work out of page design, love that. I also bring along my laptop to check out any sites that I might want to scrap lift. I throw in my Utt light along with an extension cord just in case the lighting is bad in the scrap room, many times I end up setting it up in my hotel room to put finishing touches on layouts.

Don't forget your camera and extra batteries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment