Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Coupon Queen


Wow 2 posts in one day!! I have had so many ladies ask me about coupon's that I thought I would share a VERY short post on them. Check out Coupon Mom and other great sites for tips and information.
I do coupon, lots, it is hard to see from the photo's above (should have scanned them) but this is an example of a few weeks of grocery receipts.
Spent $62.63 Saved $51.20
Spent $55.64 Saved $72.20
Spent $42.53 Saved $65.19
Spent $77.04 Saved $47.18
As you can see some weeks I do better than others but I save a bunch each week!! I get coupons from the Sunday paper and on the Internet, if the Sunday coupons are super good I buy several papers. I ONLY buy what we eat!! If I get a free item coupon I will use it and give the product a try but I never ever buy what we don't normally use. I buy meat only when it is on sale then repackage it into serving sizes that are right for our family using the Food Saver. Many times you will get lucky on a buy one get one free item in the store, if I have a coupon for that item I use them both so the reality is that at times I end up with both items free. I have a very large pantry and extra cabinets in the laundry room for grocery store food, home preserved food is separate, at any given time I might have 4 boxes of lets say crackers because they were on sale and I also had a coupon. You have to be diligent in rotating your food so nothing goes out of date but once you get use to it you will find it a breeze to do.
Check out the sale paper each week, compare sale items to your coupons and buy what you will need for now or in the future, once you have your pantry stocked it will become much easier to do. I rarely pay full price on anything at the grocery store.
My Husband thought I was nuts a few years back when I seriously began using coupons and the sale flyer's, he changed his tune fast when he saw we were saving on average 60% and still eating the good stuff. He now is my biggest cheerleader, he even likes to go to the grocery store with me. I have to tell you it is quite a thrill when the clerk hands you a receipt and says you saved $70.00 or whatever the amount is. I try to shop in the early morning or late at night when the store is not crowded, it takes time to use coupons and I don't want to be blocking isles and such for others, I also think better when I am not distracted by crowds. Give it a try for a month and see how you do, I would bet you too will catch the bug, who doesn't like to save money?

No comments:

Post a Comment