Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Down Day

The best laid plans seem to always get sidetracked! Our youngest Daughter who's baby is due in 3 weeks has been having problems with her blood count for the past week. Yesterday we both finally snapped and headed to ER her count had been down to 4!! The OB/GYN had suggested she do treatments with an Oncologist/Hematologist that were experimental at best last week. After meeting with him yesterday morning, getting info, calling friends and family to do a little research and digging we came up with NO WAY!! She is to close to delivery to go that route when there are other options. So long story short a transfusion is the safest route to go.

This morning the wind is out of my sails, I was in bed asleep by 8:00 last night and was in no hurry to get up this AM, my body seems to be saying rest, just beeeee for a day, so I think that is what I will be doing.

I do have blueberries in the dehydrator that I started yesterday, not sure I will be doing many more of them, what a pain. I have zucchini, summer squash and broccoli that needs to come out of the garden today and be dealt with but other than that an extra cup of tea and a good book might be just what my body needs for now. As we say in the south, Tomorrow is another day Scarlett.

No comments:

Post a Comment