Monday, July 26, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot


We are having crazy hot weather, it was 82 degrees last night at 10:00. Needless to say I did no canning this weekend it is just to durn hot to play around in boiling hot water. I did work on our stock of dehydrated foods, it was time to organize and see how much we have. I have been vacuum packing everything as I have gone along this summer but I needed to get our every day use jars done and keep the rest put back to restock the jars as I need to. This turned out to be an all day and most of the evening job, of course once I got all the jars filled I had to clean out the pantry and reorganize to find a home for it all. We have 27 different fruit, veggies and spices dehydrated!! WooHoo I made lunch and supper Saturday from dehydrated/canned food, talk about fast and easy! We had margarita pizza for lunch, canned pizza sauce, dehydrated tomatoes, dehydrated basil and store bought mozzarella cheese, it was over the top good. For supper I made Chicken and dumplin stew, took all of 5 minutes to throw it in the crock pot and let it go, love that! The only thing I had to add was leftover chicken and bullion cubes everything else was dehydrated. The stew was really good but I am gonna tweak the recipe a bit for our own taste, to many carrots and potatoes to suit us.

Today I have decided I need a mini vacation, it is to darn hot to go anywhere and do anything so I will be spending 24 to 48 hours in the scraproom!! I hit the garden at the crack of dawn this morning to bring in the veggies, the house is plenty clean enough to suite me and I have lots of leftovers from Sunday dinner to keep me fat and happy. I may not even get out of my PJ's, gonna pretend I am snowed in and stuck at home which is sorta true we are just sunshined in and stuck in the house. Brutal weather is brutal weather no matter what end to the thermometer you are looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment