Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes




Our tomatoes have really taken off leaving me busier than ever. Today I was able to can Pizza sauce and Chili starter. Also loaded the dehydrator with Bell Peppers and Cucumbers that should be ready to vacuum pack in the morning.
Now it is back to cleaning up the garden, weeds are an ongoing problem, I need to get another layer of mulch down then do a little late summer planting. We are going to give bush beans, tomatoes, squash, broccoli, cabbage and zucchini a try, hope to get in one more round of everything before winter. We are still waiting for cantaloupe, watermelon, onions, sweet potatoes, okra and jalapeno peppers to come in. Looks like our potatoes are a bust, not a thing came up, one of two things went wrong.. we planted everything wrong or our seed potatoes were bad. I tend to think it was the seed potatoes, next year we will be getting them from a different company and try again.
Tyler is coming for the day tomorrow as well as a dear friend who will be headed down from Mt Airy to play with Karalee, I will do my best to share nicely but it ain't easy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment