Monday, November 15, 2010

Big Day Out




Our girls, baby Grand Daughters, Sister and I went to the Southern Christmas show today, Lord I can hardly keep my head up I am so tired!!! The show is one of the largest in the south, it takes some serious walking, lugging stuff around and fighting the crowds to get through the place add to that a 3 week old baby and a 4 month old baby and you have an idea of what a big day it was. Didn't buy a thing at the show but hit a couple of stores that were having a one day sale I wanted to get in on for Christmas gifts, did pretty good and ended up with a coupon for $80.00 off the next purchase at Khole's to use for a few more things. I will be hitting the sack with a good book and a cup of tea pretty early tonight!!!
What the heck was I thinking...
Before meeting for the Christmas show this morning I got up at 5:30 so I could put up the food I worked on yesterday.
Ended up with a pint of dehydrated celery which started out as 8 bunches, that should get us through the winter.
The noodles filled 2 1/2 gallon bags and are tucked in the new freezer. Realized when I was bagging up the noodles that I have the same problem with them that I do with cookies. The first batches were nice and thin, cut at between 1/8 to 1/4 inches, by the end the noodles are more like 1/2 to 1 inches thick. I do the same thing with cookies, they start out nice size cookies, by the end of all the baking the suckers are the size of a desert plate.
Got 4 bricks of 4 cups each and 6 bricks of 1 cup each of chicken stock from the 2 roasted chicken bones and yuck stuff. Nice deal for free!
I got the roasted chicken meat packed up and frozen last night for some fast meals on days I don't have the time or energy to cook, can't remember how many packages I put back and frankly I am to tired to care.
Tomorrow should be the wood stove installation but we are expecting rain, not sure if they can work in the rain or not. I need to get busy on Christmas cards, I planned on having them all done by Thanksgiving so tomorrow will be a day of creating (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment