Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Garden Goodness



We are getting meals from the garden again, yaaa!!! The late summer planting is finally coming along. Lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, eggplant and bell peppers. I pulled all the tomatoes that had any size to them a week or so ago when we had a frost/freeze warning for overnight, my plan was to bread and freeze them for fried green tomatoes but I never got around to that with all the activity around Karsyn's arrival. I noticed yesterday that they were getting ripe just setting in the colander, hummm didn't know they would do that. I thought I needed to wrap them in newspaper to ripen after bringing them in, nice surprise. Found some leftover sour cream and black olives in the refrigerator so I decided to go with Taco's for supper tonight, fast, easy and cheap. I need to get back in the garden before the weekend and see what else I can pull out before we have cold weather hit again over the weekend, maybe tomorrow if Kara wants to help.
Had a short visit with Karsyn today for a little Nanny time, can't wait till this crazy cold is over so I can cover her in kisses. Worked a little in the attic but didn't get much done before I had Kara in the afternoon. This nutty cold has taken the wind out of my sails, by the late afternoon I just want to head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment