Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Candy

Chocolate covered pretzels
Candy walnuts

Peanut Butter cups

Peanut brittle

Candy Walnuts
Whee, what a busy day! We had a light freezing rain/ice storm last night, it was so nice to get up and not have to hit the icy roads during rush hour, lucky it changed over to a cold rain by noon. Layed off the NyQuil last night so I was ready to rock this morning got candy nuts, more peanut brittle, peanut butter cups, chocolate covered pretzel, gingerbread dough, and 3 other cookie doughs in the refrigerator to bake tomorrow. I am wore slap a... out. On top of all the kitchen chores I was able to get worked in at the optometrist office to order new glasses and contacts this afternoon (broke my glasses over the weekend)
Scored big at the Dr. office, I was able to get the exam, contacts and glasses all for $350.00, cool! Purchasing glasses and contacts were not figured in the budget this month, when it came time to pick out the glasses I ask the tech what was the cheapest pair they had. They did have a small selection that were marked down to $150.00 for the frames and prescription, woohoooo, sold!! She seemed a little surprised that I didn't mind going with fashions from last year and the year before. lady you must be kidding me, the pair I broke was 20 years old. The old gals were pretty sturdy that's for sure, I wear contacts, glass an sometimes nothing so I get a lot of mileage out of my eye wear, readers are from the dollar store, they don't hold up worth a toot, but I buy a dozen at a time so we are covered.
Tomorrow is family dinner along with building gingerbread houses, I also have Kara for the day so I really did have to put it in overdrive today. Gonna give myself a break and go with a couple of pans of lazagna, salad (our lettuce and tomato's) along with store bought french bread. Check out this recipe for peanut butter cups.I just put it all in a 9x13 pan then cut it up, to lazy to do individual candies. If you like Reese's peanut butter cups you will love this recipe, cheap, easy and yummy, my kind of snack.
Peanut Butter cups
2 sticks soft butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cups peanut butter
2 1/3 cups powder sugar
2 cups milk chocolate
Mix butter, graham crackers, peanut butter, and powder sugar.
Press in 9x13 pan
melt milk chocolate and spread over peanut mixture.
Let set up a couple of hours then cut in bite size pieces, store in covered container.




No comments:

Post a Comment