Monday, January 24, 2011

Sew Fun


Karsyn and I spent the day cutting out table runners and Valentine chair bags. Have lots more cutting to do but one step at a time. As you can see I have plenty of material to keep me busy all winter. Want to make table runners for Valentines Day, St Patrick's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving , Christmas and Birthdays. Now you know why I need to get in on the 50% off sale for thread this week! While I was doing a little thread organizing today I found some old spools that cost .95 cents, these days they run close to $4.00, sewing is not a cheap hobby! I made some runners a year or so ago without a pattern, today I pulled out some butt ugly wrapping paper and made a pattern up, sure made cutting out a lot easier. We will be having rain for the next 2 days so maybe I can stay in and sew away. I pick up material on the 50% or 75% off sales during the year, sometimes forget what all I have squirreled away. Surprised myself on how much I had put back for table runners but excited that I can whip up some gifts at super duper prices. Also pulled out what I have put back to make aprons with, that won't be happening any time soon, but when I get ready I am all set (as in holy Hannah, must have been some good sales).
I have the crappiest cheapest sewing machine on the market, picked it up last year when my singer passed away after 37 years, didn't want to spend good money on something I didn't really want. I decided to save up for what I really, really want a top of the line machine that will also do embroidery. Have my name on the waiting list at a sewing center if they get a good machine in for trade, that may never happen, but I can't justify the cost for a new one unless I win the lottery, need to buy a lottery ticket to have a chance at that deal which I won't do.
If the grand babies cooperate I may have a photo or two of the sewing projects to share later in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment