Friday, January 21, 2011

TGIF

New look for the dinning room
2 portable cribs, 1 cradle, 2 high chairs 2 baby swings, 2 bounce seats, 2 car seats, 1 exerciser saucer, and a rocking chair with lots of mileage
Morning bottles and oatmeal dishes

Still adjusting to having all the grand kids, needless to say life as I knew it is over! Ha Thursday was a bugger of a day but today was a little better, I only had the baby girls today. Started the day at 7:00 Finished at 7:30, longggggg day for Nanny. Washed 2 loads of bottles, changed lots of loaded diapers and received more smiles, coo's and giggles than I deserve. Hope to build up my stamina over the next few weeks so I can do more than just keep up with the little ones
Update on the Freeze Yer Buns Off; Got the electric bill today, what a disappointment :( we did cut the bill by close to $70.00 from this time last year but I had so hoped we would have done better. We are having record breaking cold weather this year, when the temperature drops below 20 degrees our heat pump goes to straight electric, that will burn the kilowatts like crazy. But I really thought keeping the temperature set at 65 during the day and 55 at night would have had a bigger impact, I even kept the Christmas trees off during the week to save on electricity and I wash dishes by hand except Sunday dinner dishes. We have had a rate increase this year so that also plays into the bottom line. Crap!!! Gonna give it one more month and see what happens, now that I have the babies I have the temperature set at 68 during the day, the nursery is set up in the dinning room which is one of the warmest rooms in the house so they are doing fine. I am making an appointment next week to have an energy audit done, I figure I already know some of what will be recommended, replace the 2 heat pumps new attic roof and insulation, replace all the windows, who knows what else. Everything listed are budget busters, we will just do what we can when we can and keep Freezing Our Buns Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment