Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gearing up for the holiday

Hydrangea's are finally in bloom
What will be a baby girl quilt (I hope)


I hit the floor in high gear this morning at 6:00AM thinking if I get the house finished and all the little things that need attention before the long weekend I just might have time to start the baby quilt I need done by June 12th for a baby shower I am giving for a friends first grand baby. I just finished cutting the pieces out, it's 10:59PM UGHHH. I am using two cotton prints from the "Lily and Will" line along with white chenille which is a bugger to cut out!!! Not sure how the chenille will work on the quilt top, it might have to much movement to use but I really want to give it a try. The backing will be done in a textured velour or maybe just stick with the chenille. I don't expect to do a thing with it until the middle of next week.


We have a mini vacation Saturday-Sunday with some Harley buddies. We are headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway, eating lunch at the Snappy Grill in Mt Airy, NC (remember Andy Griffin), checking out Mt. Pilot, NC then an overnight stay at Stations Inn. Stations Inn is an interesting place that caters to bikers, it's a service station, general store, motel and bar/grill with live outdoor music built in the 1950's. As alway's I will be the only lady going along but the boys are great about stoping in at old general stores and that such thing (they like it as much as I do). Saturday night the boys will rock out to the band and drink a little beer while I head to the room with ear plugs a good book and a can of raid bug spray (on sale with coupons of course) I don't know how I feel about staying overnight in a motel from the 1950's, the price is right which makes me even more concerned.


Rambo man unloaded his truck today but we are going to wait until next week to deal with all the stuff, he donated his furniture and such to a local charity in VA. Some lucky family is gonna score big, bedroom furniture, living room furniture, and kitchen table with all the fixin's LOVE knowing someone will be getting some really nice things that needs them so much.


Have a safe Memorial Day weekend and remember it's not just a weekend of fun and cookouts


Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday that honors American servicemembers and is observed on the last Monday of May (May 30 in 2011). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. citizens who died while on military service.[1] First enacted to honor Union and Confederate soldiers following the American Civil War,[2] it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment