Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TA DAAAA

Lots of sewing the rolls of quilt squares
Ironing the seams, each and every one, not my favorite thing to do.
But it was all worth it to finish this quilt for one of our many wounded hero's
It's done!!! I am so excited to hand this quilt over to the long arm quilter to do her thing, then it will return to me for the binding, hand stitching, and the label. I found the perfect fabric for the back today, a nice flannel red, white, and blue plaid, PERFECT!!!!
While at the quilt shop I picked up supplies for 2 more "Quilt of Valor" quilts, one of the many goals I have for 2012 is to donate one quilt each month to our wounded soldiers. Sure hope "Baby Bubba" turns out to be a good baby or I am gonna have a plate overflowing next year.
I will be tightening our spending plan up a bit after the holiday's to include the cost of making 12 quilts. This will not be an inexpensive endeavor, but I will not use cheap fabric for men and woman who fight for my freedom to live in this country. Now on to putting the journal/scrapbook together as well as the quilt case required when it's time to mail this labor of love off. So STINKIN EXCITED, can you tell?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt!!! You are one of a kind, Debby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I'd *LOVE * the Apron from the blog candy please! :) Let me know if you need my addy again! Thanks SOOO much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will get the apron in the mail ASAP, enjoy
    Working on a Christmas table runner today, wondering why the house is in such a mess? Ha

    ReplyDelete