Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy mail and lots of Cheer!

No time to fancy up our Christmas Jars this year

Some of the goodies from My Secret Bloggy Santa

My secret Santa filled the box with little prizes


Handmade card from my overachieving buddy, Thanks Val!!!


And a blog award from Carla over at http://halfdozendaily.blog.com/


We have had such a fun filled day delivering little gifts, dropping off our Christmas Jars to the soup kitchen, a visit with Santa for Kara then home to find a mail box full of good cheer!
I'll start with the Christmas Jars, I usually blig them out with scrapbooking supplies but with all the time lost over the past 3 weeks I went with nothing more than a label. While I wish they were decorated in a festive way the important thing was to get them in the hands of 4 needy families in time to help out a little before Christmas. Each jar contains around $130.00-$150.00 in change, to some of us that might not seem like much but for a family who has nothing it will add a little more under the tree and something special to the dinner table.

We delivered bottles of wine along with wine glass charms to some friends who have lost Mothers, Fathers and in one case a Son over the past year. This Christmas will be difficult for all of them, we hope this little act of kindness will let them know we understand the sadness they are enduring and we have not forgotten them or their loved one.

Before Kara went down for her afternoon nap, Mommy and I ran out to meet Santa and have a photo taken. It was love at first sight, she never took her eye's off from him, we jumped around waving our arms trying to get her to look at us but nothing could distract her from melting Santa's heart with that sweet smile. Even Santa got a little teary eyed with her sweet ways.

Then came the mail!! My photo doesn't do the card my buddy Val made for Christmas this year justice, an unbelievable amount of inking, layering and details went into her card. I will treasure it Val, thanks so very much.

And I received a bag full of goodies from my secret bloggy Santa http://fromshoppingtosaving.blogspot.com/ , thank you so much Erika.

Last but not least Carla at http://halfdozendaily.blog.com/ awarded me a Liebster Blog award Liebster is a German word & translates to “good friend” in English, so its a pretty special award!

I need to pass the award on to 5 of my favorite blogs. First I need to check out a few to see if they have already received the award yet then I will do a post to share with everyone some of my favorites. What a happy happy day!!









2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of Christmas jars! You are a good dooby, Debby! :)!

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon, Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!

    ReplyDelete