Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nativity Continued

I am loving this donkey
And Joseph is pretty good looking as well
Here is the group so far!!

I'm back at work on the embroidery machine this afternoon after getting the errands finished this morning. In the hoop right now are little lambs with the Shepard soon to follow. No grand babies today so maybe, just maybe I can keep at it. Each of the Nativity people take around a hour and a half to stitch out, not that I am doing any of the work other than changing threads as the pattern calls for but it is time consuming. It is sooo nice at the end of the day to sit and stuff the little fella's and see them come to life!!

As you know I am not much for following directions when it comes to sewing. The Nativity is no exception. The directions call for felt fabric, instead I am using cotton prints. I HATE felt. I don't like the feel of it, it doesn't hold up well after a few years, and anything and everything seems to stick to it. Using cotton fabric instead should work out much better. If some of the pieces should get grimmy or sticky from too much lovin all Mom will have to do is throw it in the wash. The other great thing with using cotton fabric is I am cleaning out a little of my stash!! Gotta make room for more when my poor machine returns.

Back to the assembly line, my goal is to have the sets complete by Sunday. No time to waste! Ha

10 comments:

  1. They are so cute Debby! My grandaughter is a donkey in her school nativity play and I had to make her a felt donkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I know you will have such a great time going to the play. Our school won't even let you say Merry Christmas any more, it's Happy Holiday or nothing, so sad.

      Delete
  2. Hello Debby,
    absolutely love these nativity scene figures! Are you making it for your family or someone else? The nativity scene is very traditional here much more so than the Christmas tree. The Town Hall sets up a huge public one for everyone to visit every year. Which makes me think it will be a good idea to take some photos and post on my blog over the Christmas Hols.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like very few public places allow the Nativity in the states these days without getting sued :( I am making them for family and friends of course I will have to have a set as well! Ha

      Delete
  3. I am loving that Donkey too, since I am partial to miniature donkeys since we had our Clover and Milo some time ago now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our grands would LOVE it if we had some real animals!

      Delete
  4. That is really cute. I hope you can get them all done-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana! Doing a few each day I should make the deadline.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Lena, hope they all like them as much as I do

      Delete