Saturday, February 23, 2013

Friday Stuff

Kara and I did a little clean up in the front pantry yesterday. As we use up spaghetti sauce I use the empty jars to transfer our dehydrated foods into. When I first started dehydrating I used regular Ball canning jars, over time I should be able to return the regular ball jars to my canning supplies. NEVER EVER use glass jars leftover from processed foods to can with!!! But the leftover commercial jars are great for storing dry beans, dehydrated food and lots of other things that need no processing time.
Here is just a small sample of our dehydrated foods. For those of you new to my blog check out THIS site to see what it's all about. She has tons of video's and recipes to get you started. I am looking forward to getting back to our real pantry next month so we can have some fresh foods from last summer!!
We also used up bananas that were over ripe to make banana bread and this yummy banana/strawberry desert that Gill shared on her blog. I cheated and pulled strawberries from last summer I had put back in the freezer. My two year old assistant was ready to jump right in and eat the whole pan of the banana/strawberry desert. Thanks so much for sharing Gill, it was a big hit with all.
Update on the 52 week challenge being hosted by the lovely Cindy. We are up to $303.00 in our envelope!! BTW Cindy our DD's and a few other friends are now hooked on your challenge. I think they all are looking to this challenge for Christmas spending this year!! I'm not sure what I will use ours for yet, but it will be a nice pile of cash to have on hand at the end of the year.

Hubby and I had a full day with Kara arriving bright and early for the day followed by a trip to DD#1 with Kara to watch the other 3 grands in the afternoon. DD#1 watches a neighbors kiddo's for an hour each afternoon until their Mommy gets home from work, that made a grand total of 6 little ones!! Holy cow, one 1 year old, two 2 year olds, one 3 year old, and two 6 year old's. I will admit right here we were both in bed by 8:30 last night and sound asleep when our heads hit the pillow!! Ha

We are in for another rainy day today with wild girl Kara. In order to keep our sanity I will be taking her to the "Kids Discovery Place" this morning to run off some of that energy. A few hours in all that madness should slow her down a bit (I hope) If there is any energy left in my body after she leaves today it's back to the sewing room for me to work on more clean up. What a mess. I still need to find the time to quilt hubby's Birthday quilt :( I told him last night I need for him to disappear for 12 hours so I can work on a top secret project! Ha

Time to get my shower and the house in order before Kara arrives, hope hubby is up for another rockin day!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yummy on the baking, Debby. I can't wait until I get my new Oven Range. I too am pretty excited about the 52 Week Money Challenge. I just found out last week that my hubby has been doing it too. Dbl savings by the end of the Year, whoohooo. Nice your hubby is home to help rock the day with Kara. Snowing like a mad man here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you must feel lost without your stove!! I will have to give my hubby a hard time that he should be doing a 52 week envelope of his own, what a great idea, he could use it for even more chrome on the bike! Ha

      Delete
  2. Have fun with your Kara. It is amazing how much energy those kids have, isn't it? You are doing great on your challenge! Amazing- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana. How in the world can one toddler take out two full grown adults! HA

      Delete
  3. Mmm... looks delicious! I'll have to check out that recipe! Gills baking always looks amazing! :) Great job on your cash envie!! I didn't hop on board with that one 'cause I knew budget cuts were coming... but I do have our Christmas savings nicely on the go! So that's a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are rocking your savings this year!!! We are really enjoying the 52 week challenge, we take turns drawing what week we will add to the envelope each week. Sorta like playing the lottery but in this case we always win!

      Delete