Monday, April 22, 2013

House Guest

 This little gal (Kara) has been my house guest since bright and early Sunday morning. Mommy and Daddy needed some rest from her shenanigans!!
 Time to get the summer sippy cups for the large and small kiddos close at hand.
 DD#1 gave me her back porch curtains (painters drop cloth's) to hem. Sew little time for sewing the past 5 days!!
 I forgot to take a photo of DD#1's porch now that it has had a bit of spring TLC and her curtains are all hemed. Maybe next time.
Weekly update on the 52 week challenge. Grand total is up to $611.00

First off, thanks to all of you for your sweet comments lately!! I haven't had time to catch up on comments or other blogs in days as I have had my hands full of the grands since last Thursday. I thought maybe tonight would be the night, however.... I have been on Kara's heels since 6:00AM this morning, she is finally tucked in bed sound asleep but this old gal is ready to crawl in with her. Keeping up with her is a HUGE task. Bath time is the last step, ever try to give an alligator with long hair a bath? Holy Hannah!! Enough said!!!!!

I am thinking my little house guest will be around for a couple of more days as Mommy and Daddy recharge their batteries as well as get some home projects completed that can't be done with their little firecracker. Oh why, oh, why, didn't I lose those extra pounds over the winter as my body needs to move a heck of a lot faster than its willing to go right now.

BTW. Here is a little Nanny tip for any of you new or soon to be Nanny's. Ring around the Rosie is a great old fashion fun game that toddlers just LOVE. However.....Participation by Nanny's is highly discouraged as the toddlers think that each time they play Nanny has to be part of the fun. "All fall down" for them is the best part, they are rolling in the floor laughing. As for me, I am praying God will give me the strength to get back up just one last time. While the toddlers bounce back up it takes me many steps to get off the floor. All that stretching and straining can also bring on a bout of Nanny "toot's". Oh how they love a good "toot" these days. As they call it "Tooty Fruity's" Not a pretty sight!!!!!

Off to bed for this old gal as 6:00 AM will be here before you know it. I must say sweet morning kisses from a two year old can't be beat, AJ the beagle however is very put out with all the kisses and hugs going to Kara in the mornings!!! I need to make sure and work in a tummy rub for AJ tomorrow! Ha

10 comments:

  1. You're a good Nanny- and that is a great little houseguest- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana, she is a handful but so funny

      Delete
  2. You're amazing. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My trick for ring -rosie is to play it beside the couch or big chair. Then I time the song so that for The fall down part- I fall onto the couch and the littlest fall to the floor.
    you are right that the littlest just pop right back up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a GREAT idea!!!! Thanks for this life saving tip!!!!

      Delete
  4. I wish you were my kids' Grandma too...Seriously :) Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The joys of being a grandma Debby! There's nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete