Saturday, June 15, 2013

Men

 Hubby ask me a few days ago why I had taken photo's of his garage. I explained that I was using those pictures to prove a point. We are VERY different. I like my work spaces neat, clean, and organized. If something is just taking up space or past it's prime it's gotta go. He did agree that his garage had gotten a bit out of hand but he had plans for all that stuff. And he did.

First he ordered a jeep cover so he could move the jeep to the driveway giving him more space in the garage (jeep is in the background of this photo). Sure enough the jeep cover showed up at the door this week (of course during Kara's nap time, grr) The jeep is now setting the the drive where it can rust a little faster, but at least it looks nice and neat. I guess I will find out what the cover cost when AmExp statement comes in as he can't remember what card he used for the purchase. sigh

He began working on his old tractor (1967 model) See photo below. It needed some repairs.....after lots of trips to the tractor store he told me the tractor was broke. Duhhhh, I figured that out after I saw what you were spending on the debit card. BTW hubby the debit card does not have unlimited funds available. He went on to explain in detail what all he would need to do to get "her" up and running. I have no idea what he said, I went back in the house to make biscuits.


 One of the other BIG items in the garage was a high performance engine hubby had rebuilt at a cost I am embarrassed to even share, nor do I want to remember back at the hundreds of dollars that went into it. Well don't you know he got on Craig's list and found him a deal. I didn't know hubby knew how to get on Craig's list. I was wrong.

The tractor in the back of this photo is MY tractor, it was working just fine until last night when"she" threw a rod on me :( To rebuild the engine will run $800.00, new engine, $1,200.00, new tractor over $4,000.00.

The tractor in the front of mine is hubby's new tractor that he traded his engine on Craig's list..... She's a 1968. This gal doesn't cut grass as that part is broken but she will work great to plow with (we live in a neighborhood not a farm, the disk will fit, we live on an acre not 100 acres, and she can also handle the snow blower, we live in NC people!!!

I went to bed last night knowing we now have 3 tractors in our garage, is that considered a "Fleet"? None of the fleet will cut the grass, what the heck!!!! I said nothing, just grabbed my laptop and played candy crush till my eyes were crossing.

This morning after running around with Kara hubby came in the back door to tell me he had solved the problem!! He had is new (1968) tractor "fixed up" so I can mow the lawn. He wanted me to come on out so he could show me how it worked. OK, I'm game we can't be spending money for repairs to my nice tractor.

Are you kidding me!!! he says to me, See if this part doesn't work then all you have to do is use this tool to do this, that, or the other, then if that other part doesn't work you can tweak it with this other tool. I didn't say a word.

I went back in the house. I have Egg salad, Macaroni salad, M&M cookies and, Chocolate chip cookies, to make. I have to pack food from the pantry/freezers, linens, beach equipment, 2 pack and plays, 2 sun shade tents, beach chairs, and it might be a good idea to pack clothes for us both for a week at the beach, we are leaving at 8:00AM tomorrow. BTW, Kara is here to help me out (NOT).


Check out the link below, Cute, funny, stuff. When I am feeling overwhelmed it's nice to know I am not the only wife with a SMART hubby


2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman of great strength you are, Debby. I think my hubby had a fleet of 6 or 7 lawn tractors at one time in the barn. We are down to 3 now, one large, med, and mine, the John Deere. *sigh*
    Enjoy your beach weekend ! xx

    ReplyDelete