Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Quilting we will go

 The dread Tee shirt quilt all pieced, ready to FMQ
 A quilt full of memories from Sorority and Young Life. The one thing I DO like as far as Tee shirt quilts is seeing how many young people are devoted to Young Life, making a difference in the lives of so many others.
 On to quilting. These quilts are a bugger to work with, SO heavy!!
 After about an hour my arm, wrist, and hands are cramping so bad I have to walk away. That's a perfect time to curl up with AJ the beagle to bind a Thanksgiving table runner for a special friend
Quilting for an hour then breaking for an hour continues today. I want this sucker outta here by tomorrow!

I'm on a timeline today to have the quilting and binding on this quilt by 3:00 today so I can go play with our DD's and some friends at the Southern Christmas show!! Ya,  Maybe all the sounds, smells, and sights of Christmas will put me in the mood to get busy on our Christmas list.

I am down to two handmade gifts for Christmas this year. Starting way back last winter really helped keep the pressure off this year. I like nothing better than relaxing and enjoying the process of making gifts, hate when the countdown is on! I know the big girls will come up with some requests before Christmas. I too will run into an OH too cute idea that I will want to do. I have high hopes a quilting marathon will give me the time to enjoy doing some extras.

Anyone else on a countdown to a home made Christmas? Once Thanksgiving is over, the leftovers are eaten, the kitchen is back in order I HAVE to start spending the evenings working on the grands Christmas stockings. The little girls stockings only need the beading and sequins added, Mason mans.... the whole kit and caboodle.

My break is over, time to get back on that machine I love sew much

No comments:

Post a Comment