Thursday, June 26, 2014

Catching Up

 I have put so many things on the back burner the past two months with all that has been going on. One of the many things is this pile of filing, bills, receipts, and forms. Only two more rebate forms and I can call this job DONE!!
 My desk is back in order, for now :)
 Next on the To Do today was too deliver 40 Project Night Night bags. Done!! I couldn't have pulled this off without a friend who was my wing man telling me the directions from her fancy phone
Back home to bake a Texas sheet cake for DD#1. She has Elijah's family meal to deliver tonight but...her sheet cake never turns out just right. Mom to the rescue :)

I feel like a heavy load is slowly coming off my shoulders. They only things that seemed to be getting done for way too long has been keeping the family in the middle of the road and sewing for charity. It's hard to believe how far behind I have gotten. Rather than freaking out I am taking it one day at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day after all.

Once I get to set down tonight I will come up with the next plan of attack. The list is very, very long. Maybe the sewing room, OH MY or one of the spare rooms that has turned into a charity store room. So many options to pick from.

With any luck I can get back on the sewing machine by the weekend to work on two more charity projects I need to have complete by the end of the month. I can't remember ever chasing my tail as much as I have been the past tow months. Fingers crossed that we don't have any pop up surprises for a long, long while!!

4 comments:

  1. You should be receiving the box from me by the weekend. I just checked the tracking and it left the sorting facility in PA at 6 am. I included some bind and sew tops either for your own little sweeties or for charity -- use the fabrics as you see fit. My husband's surgery is O V E R! The ENT had a bit of a challenge to remove the left lobe of his thyroid as it was the size of a good-sized baked potato (quoting the surgeon). I understand only too well your predicament over which task to work on first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Linda!! You can bet I will use that fabric up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems when I was younger, days were longer. Must be my age catching up with me :)
    Like you, I have so many things to do, I just can't get caught up.
    That cake looks delicious ! I hope it adds a little happy to Elijah's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on clearing your desk. There always seems to be a never ending pile of paperwork at my house.

    ReplyDelete