Monday, September 22, 2014

It Just won't End :)

Hubby and I along with 16 friends headed out Friday Sept 19th for our annual Anniversary Mountain trip in the Pigeon Forge TN area. We were to celebrate out 39th Anniversary Saturday September 20th. This year was extra special to all of us as one of our friends was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, he has fought this battle two other times. This round....Dr's are still kicking around treatment plans.

One of the things on our friends bucket list was to ride The Tail of the Dragon. Bright and early Saturday morning after a big old farmers breakfast those who ride were off to The Dragon. Hubby and another Bama Boy planned on being back by 3:00 to prepare for kickoff.

At 3:15 hubby called.. very quietly he said Hey, I'm OK but Dog went down. I'm at the hospital waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Hubby explained he was very beat up with a nasty cut on his leg but would be fine, he would call as soon as he knew more. A bit later he found out the ambulance decided to divert to the trauma center in Knoxville TN.

After 12 long hours "Dog" had 2 life saving surgeries for internal bleeding, 6 broken ribs, a very nasty laceration to his leg repaired, along with more bumps, bruises, abrasions than any one body should every have. He needed to spend the first 24 hours in ICU, just in case. we are at the end of day 3, he is still in Trauma ICU.....

Tomorrow we will all be checking out of our cabins and scattering back home to Canada, AL, Ill, OH, NC. Hubby and I will be moving into a hotel near the hospital. Our plan for now is to stay put until we can bring our friend home. I can't even begin to remember when the last time I have been able to blog about normal every day living. Oh how I miss cooking, baking, and merry making in our home...

2 comments:

  1. I am so so so sorry, Debby. I will pray for your friend and all of you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sad for all. I will pray for healing.

    ReplyDelete