Saturday, January 3, 2015

No Cost Winter Craft

 How sweet is this little "Snowman's" I ask you!! Kara "Maked it" all by herself using one of Papaws old socks.
 Kara has loved "Snowman's" since she was a tiny tot. She has never meet a "Snowmans" she doesn't fall in love with :)
 She told me yesterday that she LOVED her "Snowman's" the very best in the whole world :)
 
 
For the first time in a very long time I had Kara all by herself yesterday. DD#3 and her hubby went to visit his family in FL the day after Christmas. I have never gone a full week without seeing this wild child!!!! I missed her like crazy :) She told me on New Years Day "Nanny I been missing you" Awww You can bet your leftovers we made plans for a Nanny and me play date.
 
One of the many things I had on my wish list over the Christmas holiday was to make these "Snowmans" with the grands but....... You know how it goes :) What the heck they are all now wishing and dreaming of snow why not make our wishing for "snowman's" a reality now that the holiday's are over.
 
She has a BLAST digging around in my sewing/scrap room finding buttons, pompom's, and fabric to build her snowman's. She thought it was so funny to snoop around in Papaws sock drawer to find the perfect sock to build our snowy fella "Papaw gonna be so surprised"

To keep our "Snowman's" toddler friendly we used pop dots from my scrapbooking supplies to add all of the buttons. Kara insists on doing EVERYTHING by herself!!!! later on when she wasn't looking I hot glued everything down :) This is a simple super easy craft and fun for any age project. The only hard part was vacuuming up all the spilled rice :)

Hubby and I have the weekend to ourselves :) at least we think we do, plans can change in a skinny minute around here. Ha All of the Christmas decorations are tucked away for next year, the fridge is finally cleared out of all of the leftovers, and the frosting, sprinkles, and whatever else that was sticky is cleaned from the floors. What to do, what to do?

I am thinking a nice big fire in the cook stove, some hand sewing of  ornaments for the grands Christmas of 2015 (it's never too early you know) more than likely a nap for hubby in his chair followed up with some chicken and dumplins for dinner. Sounds to me like the perfect way to end all of the craziness of the past month :)

 
 
 
 

1 comment: